Subject: Re: UltraDMA performance.
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2001 15:55:32
On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 09:30:01AM +1100, dkwok wrote:
> And from my experience with high point controller and Seagate Barracuda ATA
> II, the controller card cannot handle 2 drives even there are supposedly 2
> separated channel. I had a lot of soft errors when doing large data
> transfer. At the end I have 1 card for 1 hdd. It works fine however, the
> system hangs after 2 -3 weeks uptime.

Strange. I have a HTP366 and a 370 in my home machine; both of them with
one drive per channel. No problems so far. But of course I don't have uptimes
longer than a few hours :)

Did you check cables, and power supply ?

> Am I correct to say it is not prime time for production yet.
>
> Any one has any experience with the scsi raid setup whether it is ready for
> prime production use

I have 2 NFS servers running with raidframe, I'm very happy with it.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>