Subject: Re: (Wscons) Double login - split personality?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2001 02:16:28
On 05.01.01, 21:46:06, T@W wrote:
> Hi reading people,
>
> Something puzzles me about wscons (and possibly the whole multi-user login
> procedure).
>
> Here's the situation: when logged in on one screen (for example as
> "mr.bean") and mr.bean (or a person impersonating mr.bean) can login
> on the same machine. Huh?!
> Now call me whole but appears to be pretty schizophrenic.
>
> I guess this situation not only applies to wscons but to.......well.....
> .... all and everything in multi-user state that you can login to ?

What's the problem with being logged in more than once? I am
frequently logged in via xdm and on one or two consoles, and sometimes
also, at the same time, from one or more remote machines, also using
xdm (XDMCP) and/or ssh or telnet.

> My Q.:
> How  to lock out a login to the same account from a second mr.bean when the
> first mr.bean has already logged in ??

Huh?

Logging out someone else is usually done by killing his login shell or
session manager.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Re: NetBSD Slogans