Subject: Re: control-alt-delete?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/2001 21:05:55
>  > Probably about the same thing that other BSD's have done with it, and that
>  > NetBSD did once upon a time; offer to reboot, look for a y/n, and if you
>  > reboot, sync disks and reboot.
>
> When did NetBSD *ever* support this?  I certainly don't remember it, and
> I've been using NetBSD since 0.8.

 Well, as Bernd Sieker already stated, NetBSD/Amiga did (probably still
does) something very similar. The problem is, that the Amiga keyboard
reset is wired to the hardware reset - with a 10 sec delay. Just time
enough to do at least a sync.

 I can't remember that NetBSD/i386 ever offered the possibility Peter is
telling about, and I am at NetBSD since, uh, I cant remember, 0.9 I think.

 For the record: I don't think a ctrl-atl-del sequence is anything near
than useful for a server but it might be for a workstation.

Markus Illenseer