Subject: Re: How do you change virtual screens with the wscons driver?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2001 15:46:47
Interestingly, here's another datapoint:

On _my_ system, under X, I can mix and match left/right for control & alt.
The virtual console switch still works.

But, when I'm on a text console, instead of an X display, ONLY the left
keys work.

(Under LINUX, I think, I always have to use the left keys, whether I'm
using X or a text console.  Though, I didn't think to see if it acted
differently under X than under a text console in LINUX.)

Additionally, while I'm mentioning quirks: If I'm under a text console and
switch to another text console, at least in NetBSD, I can _continue_
holding down the control/alt keys and press another function-key to get
another console.  If I switch to/from X, then to switch again I must first
release, then re-press, the control/alt keys.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu