Subject: Re: Problems installing 1.5 on a Compaq Armada 7400
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2001 19:13:12
On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> 	could you boot with GENERIC kernel (boot[12].fs)?
> 	if so, you can take the following steps:
> 	- boot from boot[12].fs.  cardbus is not available.
> 	  copy GENERIC kernel from kern.tgz into hard drive (/netbsd).
> 	- reboot from hard drive.  cardbus is still not available.
> 	- recompile a new kernel, which is basically GENERIC + cardbus.

Even assuming that the GENERIC kernel allows me to see the hard drive
there still exists the problem that without cardbus support, the only
operational I/O devices I have are floppy drive and the serial ports.
I can't recompile a new kernel until I get a fairly hefty NetBSD
installation onto this system.  I can't do NetBSD install using only
floppies (or more correctly, I won't do it using only floppies).

Still, I'll see if the disk shows up when booting with boot[12].fs.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
      Are you absolutely sure that you want to do this? [ny] y