Subject: Re: Anyone running multifunction cards successfully?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Douglas Carmichael <dcarmich@xnet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2001 16:55:57
On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 05:19:50PM -0500, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> > How should I go about finding the source of my problem? (it seems to
> > happen whenever I access the modem portion of the card, but not the
> > Ethernet)
> > The Ethernet appears as a 3c574TX and the modem appears as a standard
> > modem.
>
> One known bug is that there's a general interrupt sharing
> bug.. interrupt sharing between interrupts above splhigh() (the modem,
> running at splhigh()) and below splhigh() (the ethernet side) is not
> likely to work.
>
> There's some chance of things working if the ethernet interface is
> ifconfig'ed down before you attempt to use the modem.
>
> 					- Bill

This happens (the dropping to DDB) even when the Ethernet isn't being
used.

I tried an old modem-only card and it worked fine without a drop to DDB,
so I guess it's the interrupt sharing bug. When will a patch be available
to fix it? Are there any temporary workarounds I can use?

P.S. the Ethernet portion works flawlessly on its own at 100Mbps full
duplex.