Subject: Re: Anyone running multifunction cards successfully?
To: None <dcarmich@xnet.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2001 17:19:50
> How should I go about finding the source of my problem? (it seems to
> happen whenever I access the modem portion of the card, but not the
> Ethernet)
> The Ethernet appears as a 3c574TX and the modem appears as a standard
> modem.

One known bug is that there's a general interrupt sharing
bug.. interrupt sharing between interrupts above splhigh() (the modem,
running at splhigh()) and below splhigh() (the ethernet side) is not
likely to work.

There's some chance of things working if the ethernet interface is
ifconfig'ed down before you attempt to use the modem.

					- Bill