Subject: Using GRUB bootloader question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2001 13:42:35
Hi.

I now have my system doing multi-boot into Win2K, Linux and NetBSD.
Mostly it works OK, except the NetBSD boot stops at this point:

[messages elided...]
boot device: <unknown>
root device:

The GRUB menu entry currently looks like this:

title NetBSD
root (hd0,2,a)
kernel --type=netbsd /netbsd

which is enough to get it to the above prompt.  How does the kernel
normally know what its boot device is?  Is there an argument that I
can pass to the GRUB kernel command to let NetBSD know what its boot
device is?

It's been a while, but thanks to Andrew Gillham, Chris Pinnock,
Brian Gregor, Shunji KUBOTA (and Robert Dinse, eskimo.com's owner)
for their responses to my previous questions, which have got me
this far.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

I don't have to take this abuse from you -- I've got hundreds of people
waiting to abuse me.
		--Bill Murray, "Ghostbusters"