Subject: Re: Andy the masochist builds a monster...
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2001 13:11:59
Preboot Execution Environment.  Basically a "netboot" for PCs.
Each network card vendor writes a PXE ROM for their card, and
PXE aware boot loaders can netboot without a card specific driver.
(kind of like the "packet drivers" from the good old days. :) )

See:
ftp://download.intel.com/ial/wfm/pxespec.pdf

Or go to http://developer.intel.com/ and look up the wired
for management specs.

-Andrew