Subject: Re: /tmp in swap - kernel panic - NetBSD 1.5
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/03/2001 10:49:12
On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 06:13:28PM -0500, Andrew Gillham wrote:
> I've used memtest86 in the past.  It seems pretty decent, though
> I don't have anything to compare it to. :-)
>
> -Andrew
>
> http://reality.sgi.com/cbrady_denver/memtest86/

I will point out that that particular memory tester did not find any
faults with RAM I *know* was faulty (because replacing one of the
DIMMS fixed all the problems I was having with the given machine).
This was in two separate machines; a dual P-200 with 72pin memory and
a dual P3-600 with SD-RAM.

I.e, YMMV, but don't be surprised if that memory tester (and many
others) don't find any problems...