Subject: 1.5Q: tcpdump vs. wi0?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/02/2001 16:49:37
Folks:
	I've got a 1.5Q kernel from ~ 12/29/00 running on my laptop and
	while attempting to track down some issues with my new lucent
	802.11b card found an interesting symptom...

	If I start a ping over the 802.11 network and then start up a
	'tcpdump -n -e -i wi0', the ping spontaneously stops reporting
	answers back.  The minute I kill the tcpdump, I once again see
	replies to my ping.

	Is this fallout from the PFIL_HOOKS changes that were done and
	un-done a few times in the recent past, does wi0 not deal well
	with BPF, or is this an actual bona-fide bug?

	Please let me know, if I don't hear anything I'll send-pr it in
	a day or two.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                   rafal@mediaone.net