Subject: Re: apm pcmcia problem
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/02/2001 19:57:38
On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 07:42:29PM -0500, John Hawkinson wrote:
> | > b)
> | >  timeout waiting dor DRQ st=0x50 err=0x00
> | >  device timeout writing fsbn retrying
> | >  soft error (corrected)
> |
> | Is it after your drive has spun down ? If so it's harmless.
>
> Err, if harmless, the message should be a bit clearer and should documented
> somewhere indicating its harmlessness...

The message already has "soft error (corrected)" :)
Now, this can also indicate some hardware problem when it doesn't happen at
suspend or drive sleep time.
Also I think different messages can happen, depending on the drive type and
its mode of operation (PIO/DMA), and the command that failed.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>