Subject: apm problems on toshiba portege 300CT
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/30/2000 12:15:25
I have a toshiba portege 300CT that I'm running 1.4.3 on.  I've got apm
configured and all the 'simple' stuff works -- I can check the charging
state, estimated battery life, etc...

I can do zzz -S and this shuts the screen off, spins down the disk, and
resuming from this state works just fine (well, all except that any time
my linksys EC2T pcmcia card gets a network packet it wakes up -- if I want
to suspend, I have to yank the patch-cord from the network card...)

However, when I zzz -z, I always get resume failures.  I dont _think_ that
there is supposed to be a suspend partition like on newer laptops, but I
can't really find out any info aobut this.  Yes, deep-suspend works fine
under windows 95...

Anyone else have one of these laptops and have gotten the suspend to work
right?

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift@verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.