Subject: Re: raid config
To: hugob <hugob@xs4all.nl>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/2000 16:58:58
Check out the man page for raidctl.
You want something like this:
# raidctl -A root raid0

Here is an excerpt from the manpage:
     -A root dev
             Make the RAID set auto-configurable, and also mark the set
as be-
             ing eligible to be the root partition.  A RAID set
configured
             this way will override the use of the boot disk as the root
de-
             vice.  All components of the set must be of type RAID in
the
             disklabel.  Note that the kernel being booted must
currently re-
             side on a non-RAID set.

Note the comment that it will override the boot disk.  This means it
will
"just work" to have / on raid0 even though the kernel loads from wd0a.

-Andrew