Subject: Re: apm pcmcia problem
To: Suveg Gabor <gsuveg@sgmobil2000.hu>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/28/2000 14:39:10
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Suveg Gabor wrote:
> a)
>  if i use not from A/C adapter, after cca. 10-20 min. notebook freeze.
>  and after Wake up, the pcmcia not start up. if a plug out/in start the
>  device, but not config. after rebook Ok. :(

The GENERIC kernel doesn't have apm support -- are you running it or a
custom kernel? Also, running apmd might be a good idea. As for pcmcia
cards, they _should_ get reset when it wakes up (maybe it has something to
do with not having apm in your kernel?). If you're using a PCMCIA ethernet
card, and you want it to auto-config when the system wakes or when you
plug it in, you might be interested in the program at the following URL:

 http://invisible.yi.org/~jmcneill/netbsd/pcmciad.tar.gz

> b)
>  timeout waiting dor DRQ st=0x50 err=0x00
>  device timeout writing fsbn retrying
>  soft error (corrected)

Same happens on my notebook when it wakes up -- you can safely ignore it.

Hope this helps,
Jared