Subject: Re: Installing without floppies
To: Andrew Steven Ball <kb9ylw@cyberspace.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/27/2000 21:14:55
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Andrew Steven Ball wrote:

:   AB> Is it possible to boot NetBSD/i386 1.5 from a FAT
:     > partition?
:
:   MB> Yes, with bootdos.com (or maybe it's dosboot.com, I
:     > don't remember)...You need a kernel...
:
: Thanks, I've got a copy of that.  Is there anything special
: I would need to do in order to make the kernel mount
: boot-big.fs and start an install?

You don't want a .fs if you will be using dosboot and want to do an install.
Instead, you want .../NetBSD-1.5/binary/kernel/netbsd.INSTALL.gz (a kernel
with the ramdisk embedded).  The .fs are for real floppy media booting.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/