Subject: 1.5 recognized disk, but BIOS doesn't
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/27/2000 17:00:41
Hi, I have a VIA VA503+ motherboard with AMD K6-2-400 and 128 MB SDRAM, with
the very latest BIOS flashed into the motherboard.

The disk is 45.0G WD Caviar 450AA, a standard IDE disk.  No matter what I
seem to do to the VIA Award BIOS settings, I can't get it to recognize the
disk (it is configured as Primary Master).

On a wild hunch, I shove in the 1.5 floppies and they instantly recognized
the drive, and I did a complete successful ftp install.

However, when I power-cycle the machine, since (for whatever reason) the BIOS
does not recognize this drive, it never boots NetBSD!

Has anybody seen this before, and have some suggestions?

Thanks!  -Mike