Subject: Wireless ethernet and ISA/PCI to PCMCIA bridges.
To: , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/27/2000 16:13:39
Are the bridge cards that the PC-card wireless ethernet devices use for
desktop PC systems generic (work with any PC-cards) or do they only
support their manufacturer's PC-cards?  I've been looking into playing
with wireless ethernet and saw the nifty ISA and PCI setups offerred by
Lucent.  I think they'd be useful for some of the other PC-cards I have.

Also, are the Linksys wireless cards supported by NetBSD yet?  I see that
the Lucent ones are, but the Linksys setups are a little less pricey.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
This program posts news to thousands of machines throughout the entire
civilized world.  Your message will cost the net hundreds if not thousands
of dollars to send everywhere.  Please be sure you know what you are doing.