Subject: Re: UltraDMA performance.
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Andrea Franceschini <andrea@cs.tin.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/27/2000 19:18:34
Pållen wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> > What troughtput do you get with a 'dd if=/dev/rwd0d of=/dev/null bs=64k
> > count=5000' ?
> > Also, what controller and disks do you use ?
>
> AS a note I get 16 MB/sec from my UDMA33 vs. 13 MB/sec from my UWSCSI.
>
> (seagate barracuda on AOpen AX59PRO and IBM ultrastar on Tekram DC390F)
>
> --
> /Pållen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
>           telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se

I tried using softdep as a mount parameter and i get better performance
only during write phase.

I want to know the exact parameters to give in kernel config.

Actually,I use the following:

flags 0x01 for wdc0 controller

and

flags 0x0cf0 for drives.

this should means :

0xc = Use Ultra DMA mode 4 (i suppose that mode 4 stand for UltraDMA 66)
0xf = Disable DMA
0x0 = Disable PIO Modes

Is it correct? (in order to use UDMA 66)

Thank you!