Subject: Re: notebook
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/26/2000 22:37:58
On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> >Hello!
> >i have install netbsd 1.5 to my notebook. i compiled apm to new kernel.
> >how can i setup, if i halt the system, kernel make power off.
> >(i havent power off button)
>
> 	how about "shutdown -p now" instead of "-h"?

According to the reboot(8) manual page:
     -p      Attempt to powerdown the system.  If the powerdown fails, or the
             system does not support software powerdown, the system will halt.
             This option is only valid for halt.

This reads as if 'halt -p' is the only way to power off the system. It's
what I use on my notebook (AST Ascentia 910N) and it works fine.

Jared