Subject: perl 5.6.0 not building?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/26/2000 12:17:35
Anyone else getting sigsegv from miniperl, trying to build perl?

System is NetBSD/i386 on Virtual PC.

---
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/src/pkgsrc/lang/perl5-base/work/perl-5.6.0:/usr/src/pkgsrc/
lang/perl5-base/work/perl-5.6.0 ./miniperl configpm configpm.tmp
Attempt to free unreferenced scalar at configpm line 62, <> line 787.
Dec 25 17:45:09 godai /netbsd: pid 10222 (miniperl), uid 0: exited on signal 11
(core dumped)
Segmentation fault - core dumped
*** Error code 139
---

I haven't seen this before, but nothing else I've tried has gotten segfaults
like this, so it seems a little odd.  Is this more likely to be (emulated)
hardware, toolchain, or something in the package?  The only changes to the
system are in device probes, other than that it's vanilla 1.5.

-s