Subject: Re: De-620 supported?
To: None <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/23/2000 06:31:39
> I thought I had seen the DE-620 paralell ethernetadpater was
> supported, but I could not find it on the i386 HP. Could someone
> confirme that it is (or is not) supported?

There is no DE-620 driver yet.

There was DE-600 driver (not merged to NetBSD tree), but DE-600
is crappy hardware and DE-620 is certainly better.
Because there is packet driver source and Linux kernel source
for DE-620, writing driver for DE-620 is not impossible, but
I don't know anyone in NetBSD developers actually has a DE-620.

I've heard that someone in Japan has interest to write a driver for
DE-620 few months ago. But I don't know its current status.
--
soda