Subject: Re: NetBSD raw disk block encrypted FFS filesystem needed!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/21/2000 11:56:41
The ancient SFS fot MSDOS solved these problems. The sector IV is the hash
of a disk key and the sector number. Also the block gets encrypted forward
and then backward. I don't know if the cipher MDC/SHS is still ok though.

The overhead was one 512-byte sector to hold the encrypted disk key.

From Simon Burge:

--
Juergen Hannken-Illjes - hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de - TU Braunschweig (Germany)