Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/20/2000 12:54:23
<jhawk@MIT.EDU> (John Hawkinson) writes:

> >Uhh...This is ISA, in some cases it's simply not possible without checking
> >jumpers to even know where something is configured.
>
> I thought that the MAD16 had this information in an IO port. dev/isa/madreg.h
> has:

The MAD16 is a particular device which includes a wss-compatible
system; it's certainly not representative of all wss devices.

The original statement is correct. Let me reprhase it in a way that I
hope is clearer:

"There are some ISA devices for which it is not possible to
programmatically determine what resources will be used."

ISA devices cover the entire annoying range of possibilites of
resource configurability and queryability.

        - Nathan