Subject: Re: wi0 on SMC 2632W
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2000 18:17:38
In message <200012182133.QAA11643@doppelganger.waterside.net>, Rafal Boni write
s:
>	(1) Still get timeout on wi_init.

I believe I fixed this in my current version; stolen from Bill's code, I
have
	if (sc->sc_prism2) {
		(do the init)
		DELAY(100000);
		(do the init)
		DELAY(100000);
	}
at the top of wi_reset.  This helps.  I don't think it's actually wi_init
botching.

>	(2) Get occasional 'wi_read[0xFC80] got X out of Y characters'
>		Where X,Y tend to be 4 and 1 or 49 and 16.

I believe the 4 and 1 is a typo.

>	(3) The driver forces PRISMII mode currently, as the card ID's
>		itself as a Lucent WaveLan/IEEE card.

I have fixed this in my current version.

I have a set of patches that appears to get *no* errors from the card, and
which seem to work.  I am still testing and spreading kernels around,
but if it works, I'll post the revised diffs.

-s