Subject: RE: wi0 and cheapo cards
To: NetBSD Port-i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/2000 20:00:03
Hello from Gregg C Levine normally with Jedi Knight Computers
Not having a familiarity with the concept of wireless cards under NetBSD, I can
not advise people what to pick. However I can advise you, or other people to
essentially keep looking. Both of those manufacturers have been turning out
crappy designs for the past several years, on both wired, and wireless fronts.
As far as why the two of them were not properly configured on both, how many
machines did you try them on? And to add to the confusion, what about trying
them under a totally different operating system. I mean if they will configure
under say something from Redmond, then the problem is with the NetBSD software.
If nothing works, then it is definitely the cards own faults.