Subject: Re: vr0 dying in 1.5?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Wiz <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/2000 12:56:21
In article <200012142344.RAA15545@guild.plethora.net> you wrote:
> So, I'm playing with an old box that I was gonna set up for someone, and I
> put a vr0 in it.  It works fine... and then suddenly stops responding to
> traffic.  No kernel messages, no warnings, no nothing.  Reboot, ping
> everything in sight, everything is happy.  Start a large file transfer... and
> it dies.  Ping stops working, everything is dead.  No OACTIVE or any other
> unusual flags.

> I swapped it out for an ancient 3C509, and the system is fine, but of course,
> now it's only 10Mbps.  Any known issues with vr0 these days?

For me, it repeatably stops transmitting any network traffic if I use
it up to capacity -- that is, e.g. by downloading two files at about
>500K/s each.

There's also an open PR about this, but the discussion hasn't found
anything useful yet: kern/10707.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
A man may be very industrious, and yet not spend his time well. There is no