Subject: vr0 dying in 1.5?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/2000 17:44:17
So, I'm playing with an old box that I was gonna set up for someone, and I
put a vr0 in it.  It works fine... and then suddenly stops responding to
traffic.  No kernel messages, no warnings, no nothing.  Reboot, ping
everything in sight, everything is happy.  Start a large file transfer... and
it dies.  Ping stops working, everything is dead.  No OACTIVE or any other
unusual flags.

I swapped it out for an ancient 3C509, and the system is fine, but of course,
now it's only 10Mbps.  Any known issues with vr0 these days?

-s