Subject: Re: sysinst notes
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/12/2000 13:08:02
On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 01:57:16AM +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:
> BTW, can I safely pkg_remove postfix now that it is part of the
> base binaries. Will that one destroy my /etc/postfix?

Generally packages don't delete config files when removed.
(I say 'generally', but I can't think of any exceptions)

pkg_info -L pkgname  will show you the majority of things that
will be deleted when you pkg_delete, but note that there can be
scripts associated as well, which won't get into the list from -L.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown