Subject: Re: wscons fonts
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Mark White <mark.white@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/2000 17:09:31
Matthias Drochner writes:
> mark.white@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk said:
> > I've not managed to make wscons do 80x50 - the problem seems to be
> > screens].
>
> I've just found that the wscons configuration is done before the
> "non-critical" filesystems are mounted. (The startup framework
> changed significantly.) So it loses if "/usr/share" is on a separate
> filesystem.
> Something like
> critical_filesystems="/usr /usr/share"
> in /etc/rc.conf should help.

Ok - I played a bit with this, then subsequently tried
moving the font files into the boot filesystem (in
/etc/fonts) - and *still* I can't get it to use 8x8 fonts,
either at boot time or manually loading them afterwards.  It
seems to load the fonts OK; it just seems that wscons isn't
using them (so I just see the top half of 8x16 fonts).

Is there *anyone* out there who has got 80x50 consoles
working with 1.5?

Thanks
Mark <><