Subject: Re: wscons fonts
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@linuxguru.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/08/2000 22:33:39
On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 05:09:31PM +0000, Mark White wrote:

> Ok - I played a bit with this, then subsequently tried
> moving the font files into the boot filesystem (in
> /etc/fonts) - and *still* I can't get it to use 8x8 fonts,
> either at boot time or manually loading them afterwards.  It
> seems to load the fonts OK; it just seems that wscons isn't
> using them (so I just see the top half of 8x16 fonts).
>
> Is there *anyone* out there who has got 80x50 consoles
> working with 1.5?
>
> Thanks
> Mark <><

I had the exact same problem. The documentation states that wsloadfont can be
used to load a font and assign it to a name. wsctl does not allow changing
the active display font to one of your choice, and even resetting the console
does not.

The docs say that once a font is loaded it can later on be activated, which
I never could find any way of doing so far. I even bypassed normal boot
scripts and used the wscons and console control commands directly to set it
up and still had the same problems, so the boot scripts don't seem broken,
wscons seems to be the problem.

Matt