Subject: Re: rtk0: watchdog timeout
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/08/2000 20:51:55
--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 10:07:15PM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:

> I'm trying to install 1.5beta2 on a new pc with a Realtek 10/100 Mbps
> Ethernet card.  I have a 10 Mbps TP Ethernet and I set media type for
> rtk0 as 10baseT, but all I get from rtk0 are "watchdog timeouts".  I
> can't ping any machine in local network.  Obviously, I can't install
> NetBSD, either. :-(

I'm seeing similar messages on a box I've got here, running NetBSD 1.5...
The card seems to work "sometimes" but not consistently. I've not had
time to track it further. FWIW. Maybe I'll get more time this weekend
to look at it.

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss             (( "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind drea=
ms
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  )) build  their nest  with fragments  dropp=
ed
http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net ((  from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tago=