Subject: i386 1.5 install to networkless laptop?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/07/2000 20:53:14
I have an old laptop I'd love to put NetBSD on, and it boots the install
floppies alright, but it has no PCMCIA or network on it.  (I previously
used PLIP when it was running l*nux, but that drive has since died.)

are there install floppies available that have SLIP or PPP?  failing
that, where can I find the magical makefile magic that splits the
distfiles apart into floppy-sized chunks?

    "[N]ow would be a great time for record companies to start releasing
       everything on vinyl."  --  David Wolf, regarding mp3 pirating