Subject: Re: wscons fonts
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/07/2000 06:21:12
On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:05:06PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> lukem@wasabisystems.com said:
> > Or we could change /etc/rc.d/wscons to require 'mountall' instead of
> > 'mountcritremote', or would that involve doing the wscons magic too
> > late in the boot sequence?
>
> This should work. There is nothing depending on the
> virtual consoles besides "init" and X afaics.

I had a quick look at this, and it appears that syslogd depends upon
wscons. Changing wscons to require mountall instead of mountcritremote
would result in a circular dependency. This could be solved by
removing syslogd's dependency on wscons, but I'm not 100% certain that
syslogd will function correctly without wscons configured up. For
example, someone might by syslogging to one of the alternate wscons
screens.

Thoughts?

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com