Subject: NetBSD 1.4.2 on an HP Omnibook 600C
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Powers <jmp_mn@MailAndNews.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/2000 18:47:15
I'm trying to install netbsd on an old HP Omnibook 600C.  The two-disk
bootdisk set successfully boots from the floppy drive and the install program
runs.  But, when the install programs asks for the first floppy (I'm doing a
floppy install), it can't find the floppy drive.  When I exit to the shell and
try to mount the floppy manually, I get a drive not configured error message.

Also, I've read that, to install Linux on this machine, you must boot with a
special boot parameter "floppy=nodma."

Has anyone had success installing NetBSD on an HP Omnibook 600c?

Is there a way to specify a "No DMA" mode of floppy operation?

Thanks,
Jon Powers