Subject: Olympus digital camera and umass driver
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/27/2000 15:46:54
Hi Folks,
	I recently purchased an Olympus C-3000 digital camera.  When I
connected via USB, I was hoping for a umass recognition/attachment under
1.5beta2, but I don't get it (I'm using the INSTALL kernel here, ugen
apparently isn't in that kernel, but it looks like it would be a ugen
attachment since it was under 1.4.2).

I poked through the USB code, it looks like the device class is wrong
or not recognized correctly?  Where would I look to make modifications
to have the camera recognized as umass?

Can someone provide some guidance/experience in having this device
recognized by the umass driver?  Are there places I could fiddle
the driver to have it recognized?

If not, can someone confirm/comment on the recognition/attachment of
generic SmartMedia readers by the umass driver?

	Thanks for any help.

	- Scott

dmsgs:

Just for reference under 1.4.2:

ugen0: OLYMPU C-3000ZOOM, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2

1.5Beta2:

OLYMPU C-3000ZOOM, class 255/255, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, uhub0 port 1 not configured