Subject: Re: PnP / ess problems
To: Mark White <mark.white@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/26/2000 12:40:38
On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Mark White wrote:

> Having trouble configuring my ESS audiodrive to work under
> NetBSD 1.5 BETA 2.  It's plug and play (*sigh*), but I get:
>
> ess0 at isapnp0 port 0x220/16,0x388/4,0x330/2 irq 5 drq 1,0
> ess: can't map SCR access registers
> ess0: essmatch failed

This is something I noticed a while back with the ESS driver. It contains
some code (the stuff which fiddles with the `SCR') which is really
specific to the ESS device on the Shark (NetBSD/arm32). If you have kernel
sources, just delete the `ess_config_addr()' function and all references
to it from the file sys/dev/isa/ess.c.

If that solves your problem, send-pr(1) it so it gets fixed properly.

Cheers, Steve