Subject: wscons fonts
To: NetBSD port-i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mark White <mark.white@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/20/2000 22:05:24
[sorry, another post from me...] I've not managed to make
wscons do 80x50 - the problem seems to be loading fonts
[it's still using a 16-pix high font for the 8-pix screens].
I've included what I believe to be the appropriate line

font    ibm     -       8       ibm     /usr/share/wscons/fonts/vt220l.808

in my /etc/wscons.conf, as well as the ones creating 80x50
screens, but no joy.  Same problem with PCVT fonts.  I can't
seem to do it manually after boot, either.

It appears that once a font is loaded (with wsfontload) it
is up to wsconscfg to actually *use* it.  How does the
latter decide what font it should use when it configures a
new screen?

Secondary question: any progress on 132-column modes?
Anyone have a working patch for these?  I miss them... :-(

Mark <><