Subject: NetBSD-1.4 hang
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Rungi <blackbox@openface.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/17/2000 19:29:07
Does this procedure hang anyone else's netbsd-1.4.x/i386 machine?

Is it a known problem?

Can anyone explain to me why it hangs my machine solid, frozen console, no tcp
port response, but icmp ping still works?

1. From a remote machine:  slogin netbsd-1.4-i386-machine -t pine
2. In pine, hit CTRL-Z to suspend the process.  You'll notice that you
   don't get a shell, and pine hangs.
3. Log on to netbsd-1.4-i386-machine again.
4. Kill the pine process.  Pine still hangs.
5. Kill -9 the csh process that is running pine.  Pine still hangs.
6. Kill the ssh process on the remote machine (Hit ENTER followed by TILDE
   (~) followed by DOT (.)).
7. See netbsd-1.4-i386-machine crash.  Weeee!!!!

erik