Subject: What did I foolishly remove from my kernel config...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/17/2000 13:59:25
... if I'm getting:

ioctl(cdromreadtochdr): : Operation not supported by device

repeatedly, until I hit ^C every time I start xcdplayer on a machine
that used to work just fine.

(It's a ThinkPad 760ED... no, the regular audio hardware doesn't
work, but playing CDs did before, and it doesn't look like the audio
is the problem.)

I'm not positive that a change in my kernel broke the CD-ROM (I
thought I was done mucking around with the kernel by the time the CD
magically stopped working one day), but I'd really like this not to
be a "whoops, you set the laptop's bag down too hard" kind of thing.

(The CD-ROM can still mount and read ISO-9660 CDs fine. Which means
I could just use my CD-Rs of mp3s. Oh, but my audio hardware isn't
supported, and I don't really have time to fix that right now. Nuts.
:^>)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net