Subject: Re: freetype-lib problem.
To: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/16/2000 23:37:02
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:

> I have since tried to build the whole lot from source. Massive job
> compared to just installing the binary, which is a bit of a problem
> when you want a machine set up quickly to go.

> package collection. It's still as I write not finished yet. It's about 90%
> through the build. It's latest problem is that it has undefined
> references to "gettext".
>
> Anyway I'm persevering at this stage. I still want NetBSD.

I've never actually tried binary packages - I always build from source,
which makes for an almost seamless installation experience, I find, since
dependencies and so on are handled wonderfully in pkgsrc.

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/