Subject: Re: Support for the New Internet Computer?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/2000 23:24:30
Yup, I've gotten some decent feedback from people "out of band" from the
mailing list.  I guess there was a Slashdot article last week on the n|c.

  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/11/08/0519206&mode=thread

And within that there's a link to a site which gives more details on the
hardware and software setup of the boxes.

  http://www.geocities.com/bozolovesya2000/

We really should have NetBSD running on this little fellow.

-brian.

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> I have one of these.  Look for some postings in the archives.
> Basically the current 'sip' driver causes "master abort" type messages
> and falls on its face.  Changing some of the transmit thresholds
> helped a bit, but it was still not working last time I tried it.
> Jason Thorpe added support for another compatible card, and I haven't
> tried the driver since then, but I will shortly.
>
> I dropped a NetBSD kernel in the 4MB FLASH disk, and it was able to
> netboot.  The driver issues made it failure prone and not very useful
> yet.
>
> Still, it is kind of nice hardware, pretty cheap, and makes a decent
> Xterminal or surf station. (albeit with the Linux boot CD)

--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
            What in the HELL are you talking about?  -- red.