Subject: Re: 1.5_BETA/i386 ISO image available
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/2000 07:48:42
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Frank van der Linden wrote:

> > Did the boot-big.fs change or is my mkhybrid broken?
>=20
> boot-big.fs did not change, something in your ISO image creation
> path must be broken. Btw, why are you still using mkhybrid? It used
> to have some extra options that cdrecord didn't have, but that's
> no longer the case. You may only need it for it's original purpose,
> creating combined Mac HFS and ISO disk. Though I think that code
> may have been integrated into cdrecord (-current) as well.

Hmm, had no idea that mkisofs had been so good, and integrated into
cdrecord as well.. I'll try that when I get time.

So the pkg 'mkisofs' is obsolete now?

> > But now to the fsck'ed up part of this iso: Upgrade doesn't work. It ju=
st
> > tries to load something from fd0a and fails as we booted from a CD.
>=20
> I'm not sure what you're doing, but I just verified this and did an
> upgrade from CD without problems..

*argh*

The CD boots without any problems, but when I select 'upgrade' it tries to
read something from the floppy.

Have no idea what to do about that. :(

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen