Subject: Re: little problems
To: faisal <faisal_gillani@flashmail.com>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/22/2000 12:18:24
faisal wrote
> can you please answer these little questions of mine ?
> 1. what is the command to find out the version of netbsd you are using ?

uname -sr

or

uname -v

see -  man uname

> 2. what is the command to rename a file ?

mv <old_filename> <new_filename>

see - man mv

> 3. after i install apache server from my package collection i wont start
> doesnt even give any error.

Hmmm, you need to provide more information on this one...

How do you start the apache server?

Did you check and configure "/usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf?

Do you use "/usr/pkg/sbin/apachectl start"? See man apachectl

Do you have a files in /var/log/httpd and in particular
/var/log/httpd/error_log?

> 4. Is anyone out there using webmin on netbsd ?

Not me, but I'm sure some does... ;-)

In general, if you're unsure about the use of the commands and
utilities available to you, it is worthwhile to try to find a manual
by issuing the following commands

man <command>

e.g. "man man" gives you help on the use of the "man" command.

man -k <keyword>

e.g. "man -k time" will return a list of manual that contain the
keyword in the headerline of the manual.

Hope this is of help to you.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes