Subject: Corel Office for Linux
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/20/2000 21:55:39
  Okay, so I tried to install this today on a NetBSD/i386 (1.5 ALPHA2)
system.
  The first problem was that /cdrom/setup checks the kernel version with
uname. I built a /emul/linux/usr/bin/uname shells script to return the right
values, but the setup program does some strange check to see if glibc 2.0 vs
2.1.

  I actually had gone to suse.com and grabbed the newest shlibs.rpm, but that
didn't help.

  I wound up using rpm2pkg on /cdrom/dists/redhat/i386.   I was able to
install all the RPMS. Okay, so I tried to start things.
  First problem:

1. They have assumed bash in their launching scripts. Edit.

2. Next problem is that it wants to run BitStream's "FontTastic" font
   server. This dies with an illegal system call (#197)
   I haven't figured out if there is a source code replacement for this.

3. Finally,
   /emul/linux/usr/bin/presentations &
   sendmsg: Invalid argument

  I tried backing out the glibc update.

  I had understood that the CorelOffice was ported by recompiling and linking
against winelib, but I found:
  "$corelwine" "$app $_WINE_AppArgs" -winver nt40 -managed $_WINE_OPTIONS_FOR_WPO2000

  out wine-current pkg says it is broken for ELF, so I grabbed the lastest
stuff from WINEHQ.... Hmm. So it needs a reentrant-safe libc. Will pthreads do?

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [