Subject: Re: Java 1.2.2 for i386 with COMPAT_LINUX
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@Tangro.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/18/2000 11:30:50
At 13:43 17.10.00 -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Hauke Fath wrote:
>: Last time I tried (Jikes 1.12 on 1.5ALPHA2), NetBSD still lacked wchar
>: support in libc. What did I miss?
>
>There's wchar emulation.  The only compile problem is that we define wint_t
>in a way that makes jikes's "platform.h" unhappy, and I added a fix to
>"configure" to detect it properly.

Ah, good.

>: And while 1.0.6 may be old (-> commit message), it is very solid. I
>: returned from 1.12 to 1.0.6 for our automated daily builds after a few 30+
>: MB core dumps...
>
>`It doesn't work at all on NetBSD', however.

Out of the box, right. I added a proper Makefile and ripped out what was
needed from the X11R5 contrib/Xwchar lib. Always meant to come up with a
pkg, but I haven't found the time to familiarize with the inside of te
NetBSD pkg system.

>   1.12 is the most stable
>version that does.

I shall give the pkg a try (and see if it, too, consumes three times the
memory of the jikes 1.06 / a.out-1.4.2 binary).

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        Tangro Software Components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg