Subject: RE: arch/i386/snapshot/20001015-1.5_ALPHA2
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bevan Anderson <bevan.anderson@unicity.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/18/2000 13:26:06

> 	do boot floppies under
> 	ftp.netbsd.org:~ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snapshot/20001015-1.5_ALPHA2
> 	work for everyone?  we are seeing trouble booting it on digital
> 	Celebris GL5133 (main memory 32Mbytes).  as soon as the machine
> 	finishes reading boot floppy, it restarts it self (looks like
> 	it fails to unzip the kernel image, or something like that).
>
> 	it could be some issue with floppy diskette, of course, so i would
> 	like to know if anyone have success with it.

I think this will be a similar problem to pr/11243 - init386 cant find end of
memory. Are any messages printed after the boot loader finishes loading he
kernel off the disk? If this is the problem you're seeing as well, the messages
are printed and the machine reboots. You have to be very quick to read them (or
use a serial console)

Bevan..