Subject: Re: Intel PIII SIMD instructions
To: Riaz <riazr@cat.co.za>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/17/2000 08:20:25
On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 03:19:57PM -0700, Riaz wrote:

 > Does anonyone know when Intel P3 SIMD instructions will be supported
 > in NetBSD? Or more specifically, the saving of the "fpu" state
 > in "npx.c" (there are now an additional 8 128-bit registers).

I don't think the current FPU save code does this.  We need to improve
the FPU saving code a little anyway (to use the "fast save" instructions
available on some processors), so if you file a bug report with send-pr(1),
whoever does this might remember to do the SIMD support at the same time.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>