Subject: Re: Memory consumption in NetBSD 1.5 (ELF) ?
To: Hauke Fath <hf@Tangro.DE>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/10/2000 23:05:18
	OK. To recap:

	1.4 a.out jikes binary uses 1/3 of the memory of a 1.5 elf binary
	from the same source on the same 1.5 box, using -lgnumalloc on
	the 1.5 binary has no difference.

	This eliminates the 1.5 kernel, though it _could_ be a very
	strange elf vs a.out interaction (that is a real straw).

	Another question:
	 - What does ldd on both binaries return

	More time consuming options:
	 - Are there any snapshots between 1.4 and 1.5 you could try
	   installing.
	 - You could compile a 1.5 a.out system

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --