Subject: Re: Is the PCI Sound Blaster supported under 1.4.x?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/09/2000 16:40:18
On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 08:23:58AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	Hi David.  Yes, I'm refering to the Sound Blaster Live.
> If you've got some code that almost works, and a url or two to the
> documentation on the card, then if you pass it my way, I'll poke at it and
> see if I can help you further the driver toward completion.  Id the card
> similar to the sound blaster, or does it need a completely new chip level
> driver?

It's _completely_ different. Creative Labs won't give out documentation,
so you'll have to look at existing open source drivers for info. I'll
forward the code to you in a second email.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive